Fading Memories

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments

I know I sound like a sentimental sap this week but there are alot of things happening and going on under the surface. Not only did we finish our elections this week but the people that bought my families property have started clearing. Which means, this old barn is about to go. It's sad for me for some reason. I know it's an old, dirty, used up old barn but there's not much left as far as barns go from my grandfathers farm. This is one of the the last. As long as I can remember it served as a hay barn that we weren't allowed to play in and may have gotten a "switch" if we need.
It's been too dangerous to go into for years but it's still standing, not for long I'm sure. So, I thought I'd take some pictures of it before it's pulled down. It's almost falling in anyway in the center. There used to be an old milk barn near this one. I came home from college one day and it was GONE! It was weird not seeing it after years of it being there and I'm sure it'll be the same with this one. I'll have a clear eye shot to my Granny's house when it's gone.
I especially, like the old tree that's next to it(below). It's a big one and I hope they leave it. Big trees around here are so beautiful and getting harder to find. You know, I think what I'm witnessing goes for all of us in our lives. I think there are "old barns" that we all have that won't be around forever and are representative of our past and the lives of the ones we love.
So, share with me if you want to...what is your "old barn"?

0 Comments Here:

Show the love. Major love!