25 Days of Christmas (25 to 25)

Saturday, November 29, 2008 Aimee Larsen 4 Comments

This is my own countdown until Christmas. (Yes, I know I'm starting early but I want to stop just before Christmas Eve) That way you have a few extra days to get all these goodies in. I'm doing this for me and if you can use any ideas, YAY! Then, I've helped someone out. I need some direction for the holidays and so, all ideas and things I want to are part of my 25 to 25! I've been scouring my favorite websites for ornaments (or ottomans as Cooper used to call them) that the kids and I can make. They have to be easy and with materials that I generally have available.
These ornaments are perfect for us to make because I've been saving all the Christmas Cards we received since James and I have been married. I started making gift tags with them but this idea from Martha Stewart is so neat. They look so delecate but Martha says they can't be destroyed.
My tree has sort of taken a them over the years. My tree has snowmen all over it but I also love to have "nature" on the tree. So, we put lightly glittered pinecones. SO, these balls would go perfect with the "snowy/natural" theme, don't you thing? I know I have all the materials too, YAY!
I've been eyeing these for awhile now! I can't wait to make that!
I'm so excited about this one too. When I was really little my mom and I made little cradles and used dough to make little mice heads and cut fabric for blankets so it looked like we had little baby mice sleeping in walnut shells, hanging on the tree. They were cute and I haven't seen them in her ornament collection in about 10 years. I can't wait to re-make my moms version. Althought this one is cute. Click the title for instructions for something similar. Photo by Bossysfeltworks


  1. Wow! Great ideas! I will definitely be using some or maybe all of them for my kids this year.

  2. Good ideas...
    "the kids" as Mr. Cooper likes to call them...
    love making stuff, something for me to look into doing with them. (instead of school work, hehe) j/k

  3. You have very cute stuff!! I just came across your baby Kimono shoes and saw that there was a way to get your pattern for free, I would like to know how I go about doing that!!! Thanks so much!!!

  4. OH MY GOODNESS! I love that walnut shell nativity! I have a cookie cutter decoration that I will be making soon and posting on my blog! And I LOVE those balls! We will have to do those!


Show the love. Major love!