I still love it....

Friday, October 03, 2008 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments

It's been a long time since I've sewn one of my make-up bags. I have tons of them in all kinds of sizes and right now for some reason, I'm using on that came from Clinique. I don't even wear that make up anymore but when I was packing my bag for the gym and decided to start taking my make-up I threw it all in that plastic make-up bag. Now, these bags are nice but I still prefer my bags, I can add vinyl, use cool fabrics and make it any size I want. I can make them deep, thin, even flat. They can be short, long, tall or just big or small. So, I decided to make a tutorial and pattern instructions for my etsy store. The hardest part about make-up bags is the zipper. So, for the many years I'd been making them, I'd tried to come up with an easy way to add a zipper, that didn't require turning a bag inside out. I still wanted to be able to put a heavy vinyl lining if I wanted. I also wanted it to be easy to teach others, so when I hired a new seamstress, they could do it and do it consistently. So, I hope my new tutorial is found to be easy and fun to work with. If you are interested, check out my etsy store.

0 Comments Here:

Show the love. Major love!