Tuesday, September 23, 2008 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments

Let me start with this scripture...Matthew 11:29, Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
It's a known fact that relationships are strained at times, even the best ones. My husband and I have been married 7 years and together for 16 years. We've had huge ups and downs and more ups than downs but in the last 10 months or so I've felt a strain. I don't know why and I think it's because I've given up on "making money" and concentrated more on my family. In doing so I may have spoiled him a little bit. Only, he'd NEVER in a million years admit that I do try to be a submissive wife. I'm strong willed, yes, but I do want him to be in control of his responsiblities and use me as a tool for support when needed. Basically, I'll do my "job" and he can do his. Maybe that's the problem, maybe he does have more on him that he should have. Or maybe I'm simply expecting too much when I need him to put forth effort in our "marriage". We are not alike, we are different. I think maybe I focus on the different and that being a bad thing instead of appreciating that is why God put us together. We are night and day. So, if Jesus is humble and gentle at heart, I'm going to have to try harder to be humble and gentle at heart. That's just the bottom line. I've got to except our differences and be proud of them. Then I need to be understanding and loving. In doing so, in living more like Jesus would expect me too, I am learning. I'm learning about acceptance and patience and with those two things, I'm also finding peace and rest. I'm not stressing out about things we can't really help or should not change. Now, that sounds all well and could so the next step will have to be that I apply this scripture to my life and not tomorrow or a week from now, right this very second. So, to be humble means you have to be broken, you know you aren't perfect and to know you can always improve. I love my husband but I've seriously, got to quit taking myself so seriously!

0 Comments Here:

Show the love. Major love!