Make a Pinafore from an Old Corduroy Coat!

Thursday, August 21, 2008 Aimee Larsen 2 Comments

I made this today out of a coat that I purchased at a thrift store. The coat really was in good condition but the style was outdated. It actually was very high end. So, I thought for $1.50 it was worth it for sure. I wanted to make a cape out of it. One of those old fashion little girl capes. There wasn't enough there to make it so I made this pinfore/smock/apron. It's so cute! The pocket on the front has a "hidden" pocket and all the buttons are made from leather and sewn on with super strong 100% silk thread. The corduroy is very think and an excellent quality. It's hard to find fabric like that in just any fabric store. I also added two pairs of shoes that I made today. Who knows if I'll get anything done around the house. Once I started the shoes, I couldn't stop sewing.


  1. That is such a good way to reuse an item. Especially an outdated coat. So sweet.


Show the love. Major love!