Making a German Schultute for back to school!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments

Whoo Hoooo! Cooper is so excited about going back to school but I have to say, I'm a little nervous. He's such a good kid. Very thoughtful, vibrant, create, energetic, attentive and the list goes on and on. All I ever want (what any mom wants) is a teacher that appreciates each and every kid for who they are. I was that kind of teacher, or at least I hope I was. I LOVED my children...they were my babies...good or bad. So, that being said. I'm nervous about this school year. He had a super, fantastic school year in Pre-School and last year was a nightmare for me. He loved it except he was in trouble at home every day. It all had to do with expectations from the teacher and from the parents and we three (Cooper, his teacher and I) just never saw eye to eye on everything but we could agree that Cooper was a loved by all.
So, in celebration for the new school year I decided to make him a schultute...what's a schultute you say? It's german for "school bag"... In Germany the children receive schultute's on the first day of school filled with school supplies, candy and toys and the first day of school is more of excitement that serious school work on the first day. So, I went to the store and bought his school supplies and filled his homemade schultute. I can not wait for him to get up in the morning and open it.  Here's the "Crayola" version of these wonderful gifts.

1 comment:

  1. What a really neat idea.
    You know there is always

    Cant wait to hear how his day went.


Show the love. Major love!