Organizing my Sewing Room

Sunday, July 06, 2008 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments

Evan's old bedroom is now officially my sewing room. Is that selfish of me? Maybe! He's sharing a room with big brother anyway so I thought I'd use the space for something I want. Plus, it'll give me room to work. This is the first series in pictures that I'm adding. It's the first thing you see when you walk in. It's my grandmothers dressform, it's been recovered for years in black velvet and now she has a skirt. It's lengths of ribbon that needed a home. I have tons of ribbon on 100 yard rolls stored in the closet but these are lengths that were pulled off or purchased in small amounts. It's a good way to go to them first before pulling off the big rolls. Then I have my embroidery thread and favorite cotton prints on my shelf next to my sewing machine. The baskets either hold hardware/tools or extra embroidery thread and sewing tools. I have old jars for other supplies and even a pretty silver container for just my needles. The top shelf features a basket that holds my ironing supplies that I don't use often, a watercan with flowers and a Gold Canyon Candle that I just loved, (it's almost gone).
This work space is turning out to be very much organized. Better than ever...

0 Comments Here:

Show the love. Major love!